Clyst St Mary is a small village and Civil Parish on the main Exeter to Exmouth road in East Devon. The name comes from the Celtic word clyst meaning 'clear stream'.
Clyst St. Mary contains the West of England Showground and has a small industrial estate, Langdons Business Park. The population has risen steadily over the years, it was 97 in 1801, 157 in 1901, and 642 in 2004.
Clyst St Mary has its own Primary School, Clyst St Mary Primary School.
Business, Commerce & Employment Prospects
Langdons Business Park is the only industrialised area within Clyst St. Mary.
There is also a large office complex in Winslade Park, the site of an old school. The complex was initially developed by the London & Manchester group, later this site was taken over by the Friends Provident group. Apart from the refubishment of the old school (Winslade House) in the 1970's there was a development of newer buildings behind. These house the Devon region DEFRA offices (in Clyst House). Winslade Park is the name for the grounds containing Winslade House, Clyst House and the other facilities here.
Twin TownsClyst St Mary is twinned with:
Our Village on the Web
- 1st Scaffolding (SW) Ltd Clyst St Mary
- Anglcan Parish of Clyst St Mary
- Bishops Clyst Parish Council Website
- Bishops Clyst parish plan
- Bishops Court
- Cat and Fiddle
- Clyst St Mary and Sowton Villages
- Clyst St Mary Genealogy
- Clyst St Mary Primary School
- Clyst St Mary Primary School PTFA
- Clyst St Mary Village Hall
- Complete Property Maintenance
- Courtbrook Farm Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
- Crealy Adventure Park Website
- Devon County Councils Community Page for Clyst St Mary
- Geograph Photographs
- The Half Moon Inn
- Kenniford Farm
- Kiddicott Farm
- Learn with G - Driving instructor
- Maltsters Arms
- Old Kiddicott
- Old Mill House
- Parable Designs
- PC Southwest Ltd
- Space Master Wardrobes
- St. Bridget Nurseries
- True Homes Clyst St Mary
- Westpoint Arena
- Woodbury Furniture